22 Reasons Bali Is So Much More Than You Think
It’s more than just a party destination.
1. Upon landing in Bali you notice that this airport has a view that definitely beats the one that you departed from.
Flickr: 21065622@N08 / Creative Commons
2. It’s not just the airport, the entire island provides stunning sights.
Flickr: panduadnyana / Creative Commons
3. When people think of Bali they instantly call it a party destination. But it’s so much more than that. Yes, there is Kuta Beach.
5. And Waterbom Bali, which is fun but really you can do that anywhere.
Flickr: 58847482@N03 / Creative Commons
6. What you can’t do anywhere is visit the Tanah Lot Temple, which was built on a rock formation looking over the ocean.
Flickr: calflier001 / Creative Commons
8. It seems the further you get away from the busy tourist spots, the bigger the pay off. Seeing the rice fields of Ubud is well worth the trek.
Flickr: rnugraha / Creative Commons
10. You’ll definitely capture that photo which will get you at least 11 likes on Instagram.
Flickr: zoomion / Creative Commons
11. And the Sekumpul Waterfalls will get you at least 20.
Flickr: panduadnyana v / Creative Commons
12. What about getting a photo whilst holding a monkey at the Sacred Monkey Forrest Sanctuary? The possibilities for likes are endless.
Flickr: rexboggs5 / Creative Commons
13. There’s more than just monkeys in Bali. The island also has Night At The Zoo where you can see animals in a completely different light.
Flickr: kalyan3 / Creative Commons
14. And how many people can say they’ve swum through a navy shipwreck?
Flickr: pacificklaus / Creative Commons
15. In any other country, a cup of Balinese coffee is an expensive delicacy. But here you don’t need to spend half your pay cheque, plus you get to see the unique way it’s made.
Flickr: zeepack / Creative Commons
16. All over the island there’s markets where you’ll find little ornaments to put in your apartment to give it some ~culture~.
Flickr: mhw / Creative Commons
17. Or grab some fresh produce for that #2k15cleanse.
Flickr: fazia / Creative Commons
18. But you’re on holidays! So why cook, when the island is covered in amazing restaurants!
Flickr: suhseal / Creative Commons
19. At Jimbaran Bay you’ll find a beach lined with restaurants and bars offering seafood straight from the ocean.
Flickr: 39551170@N02 / Creative Commons
20. Or you can just eat lunch overlooking Mount Batur, a live volcano.
Flickr: hamedmasoumi / Creative Commons
21. And while you’re there, why not finally attempt to surf? You’ve already come this far.
Flickr: tk_five_0 / Creative Commons
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicholaswray/bali
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.