31 Delightful Things To Do By Yourself
Friends, family, significant others, co-workers, houseplants, pets — all great. But sometimes you are the only buddy you need.
1. 1. Go out to eat.
2. Go out to eat SOMEPLACE FANCY.
3. Go out to eat with a book, but then you spend more time reading the menu than the book and you can’t find a reasonable place to put it when your food arrives so you mostly just sit with your thoughts and your coq au vin.
4. See a movie in the middle of the day.
5. Check out a museum.
6. Especially if it is a crowded exhibit that you want to see anyway and don’t really feel like talking about right then.
2. 7. Shop.
8. Shop for groceries.
9. Shop at Target.
10. Shop for books.
11. Shop for nothing at all, really, because isn’t it nice to spend exactly how long you want in a store and not worry about abandoning someone (boyfriend or otherwise) on the dreaded Boyfriend Couch?
12. Try on outrageously expensive clothes you have no intention of buying.
13. Take a lot of pictures of yourself in the clothes.
14. Show them to no one.
3. 15. Exercise.
16. When you are bored of exercising, stop.
17. Go to the park.
18. Find a playground where it’s not creepy for you to swing on the swings, just for a sec.
19. Buy a ticket to a concert where you wouldn’t be able to hear anyone else talk to you anyway.
20. Get the last good seat at the bar.
4. 21. Save and save and save and then take a trip.
22. Go to a party where you know there will be people who love you.
23. Go to a party where you don’t know anyone.
24. Go home early.
25. Do the chore you’ve been putting off for days.
5. 28. Hrmm hrmm hrmm.
29. Make a delicious, bizarre meal.
30. If/when you fuck it up, order enough takeout for two days.
31. Take up the whole entire bed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.