I Didn’t Think It Was Possible, But These 2-Sentence Horror Stories Are Too Scary
Scary stories don’t always have to be hundreds of pages long. The more skilled the writer is, the easier it is for them to convey the essence of the story in fewer words. And when I say “short stories,” I’m not talking about those that are several pages or even several paragraphs long. I’m talking about two-sentence tales.
Don’t believe me? See how well you’re able to sleep tonight after reading through these truncated nightmares.
1. “It sat on my shelf with thoughtless porcelain eyes and the prettiest pink doll dress I could find. Why did she have to be born still?”
2. “Day 312. Internet still not working.”
3. “The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moment, though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.”
4. “They delivered the mannequins in bubble wrap. From the main room, I began to hear popping.”
5. “I woke up to hear knocking on glass. At first, I thought it was the window…until I heard it come from the mirror again.”
6. “I can’t move, breathe, speak, or hear and it’s so dark all the time. If I knew it would be this lonely, I would have been cremated instead.”
7. “Working the night shift alone tonight. There is a face in the cellar staring at the security camera.”
8. “I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, ‘Daddy check for monsters under my bed.’ I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, ‘Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.'”
9. “After working a hard day I came home to see my girlfriend cradling our child. I didn’t know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing that someone broke into my apartment to place them there.”
10. “I kiss my wife and daughter goodnight before I go to sleep. When I wake up, I’m in a padded room and the nurses tell me it was just a dream.”
11. “My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. She was murdered by an intruder two years ago.”
12. “My daughter won’t stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn’t help.”
13. “She wondered why she was casting two shadows. After all, there was only a single lightbulb.”
14. “You get home, tired after a long day’s work and you’re ready for a relaxing night alone. You reach for the light switch, but another hand is already there.”
via [deleted user]
15. “Finding a dead body buried in my garden was terrifying. Realizing it was mine was even worse.”
via shayne lewis
16. “My brother called again last night, begging me to come get him. It’s the same thing he used to do when he was alive.”
17. “I begin to hear my dog scratching at the door to be let in. Halfway through opening the door, I remember that I don’t have a dog.”
18. “‘Can you keep a secret?’ I told my friend in tears. ‘I killed my mum last night.’ ‘I know,’ my friend said. ‘I watched.'”
19. “I looked out my window and could see someone staring at me. When I went out, I could see him standing in my window watching me, and I just stood there and stared back.”
via Herman Norén
20. “Halloween is my favorite day of the year. It’s the only day that I can walk down the street covered in blood carrying a sack of severed body parts without being judged.”
via shayne lewis
(via Thought Catalog)
Well, those stories are thoroughly freaky. I’d like to see someone make a two-minute film for each one.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.