This Photographer Perfectly Captures The Hectic Craziness Of Raising Kids
“lol honey, remember that time we basted the baby?”
1. New York–based photographer Danielle Guenther knows your life.
2. Her series “Best Case Scenario” captures families in their natural state: chaos.
3. The photographer told BuzzFeed Life that the idea came together organically — she was finishing up a lifestyle session with a client who dropped on to the couch with faux exhaustion — which Danielle snapped on instinct.
4. When she shared the resulting image to her Facebook page, the response was so positive that Guenther realized she had a new series on her hands.
6. Says Guenther: “Once you become a parent, you always hear the same quote, â€˜You will NEVER believe what happened today’… I love those stories, they’re real, and yet they still have so much beauty!”
7. “I took my own memories of having a young child and decided to create those overly dramatic moments using real families,” Guenther explained to BuzzFeed Life.
9. So what about the level of chaos? “I love portraying the moments in an overly dramatic, emotional way. As a parent, in your head, that’s how you FEEL in that moment. You feel as if things are just falling apart.”
10. Now Guenther says she’s started to have families reach out to her with their own ideas. “Once you have children, your life picks up speed forever. Families want remember these small moments, even if they’re hilarious or stressful.”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.